In this talk Anoop Koloth and Hanzhang Wang from eBay present how they managed to build a monitoring system and leveraged data generated from envoy clusters:
(1) Processing billions of hits served from different platforms from worldwide in real-time.
(2) Key Performance Indicators from Envoy ecosystem.
(3) Effective ML solution for proactive monitoring diversified eBay systems.
(4) Graph-based modeling and algorithms to deal with system complexity.
(5) Symbiosis and enhancement with existing SRE solution.
In this talk Shir Bromberg a Big Data team leader at Yotpo,discusses their open-source dockers for running Spark on Nomad servers. She highlights the following;
* The issues they had running spark on managed clusters and the solutions developed.
* How to build a spark docker.
* What to achieve by using Spark on Nomad.
Learn how Revolut is using Apache Beam for fraud detection.
Thiago Rigo a software engineer with GetYourGuide takes you through how GetYourGuide developed a solution that cleans and structures logs from different data sources, applies rules to deal with channel assignment, and finally properly weights each channel’s contribution to total revenue generated. The business and technical challenges solved and how the solution was implemented at GetYourGuide using Spark and Databricks.
In this talk you will learn how Nielsen uses Spark and Kafka to processes billions of events per day.
This talk explains some problems Zalando experienced while running Kafka brokers and Kafka Streams applications, as well as the consultations the data team had with other experts the same issue. There are highlights on some of the decisions that were made regarding backups, monitoring and operations to minimize our time spent administering our Kafka brokers and various stream applications.